Over 50s Travel
Dedication This page is dedicated to those suffering from ‘descendant depression’, a genetically transferred malaise… Yes. You get it from your kids! It’s a tough world out there and we need you to cease ‘enabling’ them and instead, inspire them to become self-sufficient and be the best they can.
Proven Motivation Nothing stimulates like starvation; Or prompts like poverty.
Solution Spend their inheritance! It’s your duty!
So we’re here to help.
We travel a lot towing a trailer in Australia with our shows and we’re always looking for cost effective and comfortable ‘homes away from home’, so we thought we’d share our discoveries.
Here’s some of the good places at reasonable rates we’ve found.
When our corporate clients take us overseas, we like to check what’s on offer for future reference. Some of our favourites are here as well.
Great destinations, accommodation and anything else we think is useful, so feel free to use our tips for trips. Just tell ‘em Baby Boomers Entertainment sent you.
- Gosford Classic Car Museum.The biggest in the Southern Hemisphere and fifth largest in the world. Even if you’re not a car enthusiast, this truly amazing collection is worth visiting. Some cars are even for sale. We took a couple of ‘guests’ along who gave their own ‘endorsements’! gosfordclassiccarmuseum.com.au
- Mudgee Castlelea Cottage.We stayed there with three other couples and the everything was wonderful. It’s on a working farm and both the owners and the animals are friendly. They let us take advantage of the wood fired pizza oven by the river for the best after-wedding party/reception we’ve experienced. www.castleleacottage.com.au
- Hawks Nest NSW We’re finding some great caravan parks that are beautifully appointed, ideal for our late arrival with a trailer and we can talk inside without waking neighbours. We stayed at this North Coast Holiday Parks one in picturesque Hawks Nest NSW in August 2017. The Hawk’s Nest golf club’s new chef was cooking up the some amazing cuisine, so a great place all round. northcoastholidayparks.com.au
- Tasmazia. It’s in Lower Crackpot, the Promised Land just up the road from Nowhere Else. We kid you not! Spend at least half a day in the wonderful, witty world of the largest maze in the southern hemisphere. The first Trump Wall built there and made front page news in Tasmania when officially opened in November 2017 by Unreal Donald Trump himself! https://tasmazia.com.au
- Mona – Museum of Old and New Art Hobart, Tasmania. Imagine somebody stole the Guggenheim from New York and dropped it into Hobart. You have to see it to believe it. https://mona.net.au
- Blanket Bay Queenstown NZ.We produced a 60th birthday event here for a special client and the place was nothing short of breathtaking. www.blanketbay.com
- Surin Beach Thalang Ghang, Phuket, Thailand. www.surinbeachresortphuket.com If you’re going to Thailand, then Phuket is a must. Stayed here with a view that can’t be beat. Some rooms have private plunge pool access and there’s good deals to be had out of peak season.
- Karon Aussie Bar, 1 Man Soi, Patak Rd, Karon Beach, Phuket Thailand. Kenny is quite a character and owns this bar. He’s an Aussie who knows pretty much everything that’s happening in Phuket. Sight-seeing, hire cars, watches and watch-outs; whatever is happening locally Kenny can usually point you in the right direction. He rents his own scooters as well. We had some fun in 2015 driving around Phuket as the Australian Prime Ministerial delegation in an ‘Embassy Tuk Tuk’. Yep. He’s quite a character. http://www.karonaussiebar.com/